Smart Ideas: Companies Revisited
You, Your Business Card and Networking Events
Time and again we are reminded that “no man is an island.” A universal truth, this adage is truthfully applicable when it comes to running a business. Business owners cannot make it on their own as they also need to work with other companies so they’d survive in the industry they thrive in. Entrepreneurs can use networking opportunities to widen their contacts and to meet like-minded individuals who can partner with them in their quest for success.
There are different venues where business owners can expand their network of contacts. Business functions, meetings, and regional conferences are ideal settings where entrepreneurs can make connections. It is important for entrepreneurs to always come prepared to share their business information to other businessmen. This can easily be done by handing out business cards to potential contacts.
Successful businessmen continue to underscore the importance of having business cards always handy. There is no need to hire professional design companies just to come up with a professional looking business card. Business card maker software is available online and some of these programs are even offered for free and are still capable of generating a professional looking contact card. Always print in bulk so you’d have ample supply of business cards and you will never run out of cards to hand out, especially during networking functions.
Business card maker can create a professional looking business card but it is always up to you on how you can make a connection. It is important to always make an impression and to treat everyone with respect during and after the meet-up. It is important that you treat your potential contacts with respect as they will likely remember you based on how you made them feel. Just because some of the people will not be able to help you out with your business doesn’t mean you should treat them as less important.
A listening ear is an important instrument to always bring with you in these networking gatherings. Rather than do all the talking, let others talk and simply listen so you can learn a lot from them. It is through listening that you learn a lot of things that you can potentially use in your business venture. Experts suggest doing 30% of the time introducing yourself and your venture, and the other 70% about asking questions and listening to others.
Keep in mind that you will be meeting a lot of people during these networking occasions. After sharing business cards with these potential contacts, always make it a point to do a follow-up. Doing a follow-up is one way to cement the fact that you are now business contacts and that you can call each other anytime you need something that is business-related. It doesn’t have to be a complicated way of getting in touch as a simple email will work.